Fire Ban Season
15 November - 30 April
CFS Hotline - 1300 362 361
Wait to hear mention of the MID NORTH
Understanding fire regulations: Your questions answered
Are you Bushfire ready?
To make sure read the attached brochure. Are you Bushfire ready (2381 kb)
From 1 March until the end of Fire Danger Season 30 April (unless changed by CFS Chief Officer) Burning Permits may be issued for the purpose of General Broadacre Burning.
* We ask that you please apply for a Fire Permit at lease 48 hours before you wish to burn by faxing or handing an Application Form to the Council Office. (If posting allow more time). This allows time to process your application properly. The application form is available below. Be advised that you can apply for a seasonal Fire Permit that will apply over a period of time (ie from the 1 March until 30 April).
We also ask that you continue to:
* Please abide by all the Permit Conditions on Annexure A included with the Permit
* Once you have your Fire Permit, if the fire is to be lighted within an area of a SACFS Brigade, the holder of the permit must, not more than 7 days, and not less that 2 hours before the fire is lighted give notice of his/hers intention to light the fire to an Officer of that Brigade. (preferably the morning of the burn at least 2 hours before the fire is lighted).
* Notify the Local Council of the burn on the morning of the burn before midday and at least 2 hours before the fire is lighted. This validates the permit. If Council is not notified, the permit is not valid and it may be considered that you are burning without a valid permit.
* Be aware and vigilant of any sudden changes in weather conditions that may effect the burn.
* Check for "Total Fire Ban Days" by phoning 1300 362 361. District Council of Mallala is in the Mid North Fire Ban Area. The schedule 9 Permit is not valid on a day of Total Fire Ban.
Section 81(9) of the Fire and Emergency Services Act - This Permit is liable to be revoked for failure to comply with the conditions of the Permit and further legal action may be taken.
For further information please contact Peter Buttery (FIRE PREVENTION OFFICER) email email@example.com or phone 8520 3360